Greek Stochastics ζ'
Athens, Greece, 20-22 December 2014
Networks: Theory, Methods and Applications
of the Network of Economic Activity in 1940
in Greece. From the work of
K. Doxiadis, Athens, 1946 (scanned from the printed copy)
The sixth edition of the Greek Stochastics meeting will
take place in Athens, Greece, on December 20-22, 2014. The
meeting's primary aim is to facilitate a broad discussion of current
research themes related to Networks. It will consist of three short courses by
Remco van der Hofstad (Eindhoven University of Technology), Christian Brownlees (Universitat Pompeu Fabra) and Patrick Wolfe (University College London); see below for more information. There will also be a few contributed talks and poster presentations.
The workshop is organised in collaboration with the Department of Statistics, London School of Economics and is being partially co-financed by the European Union (European Social Fund - ESF) and Greek national funds through the Operational Program "Education and Lifelong Learning" of the National Strategic Reference Framework (NSRF). Project title: "Likelihood methods for jump diffusions and related Markov processes"
The three short courses will be given by :
If you wish to be considered for a poster presentation please
submit an abstract to GrStoch@gmail.com by the
15th of October, 2014.
- To be considered for a talk please submit an abstract to GrStoch@gmail.com by the
25th of September, 2014 -- Acceptance will be confirmed by
15th of October, 2014
- The registration fee is 50 pounds and it includes welcome drinks, conference dinner and refreshments during coffee breaks.
- You can register online
here until the 30th of October, 2014.
- The meeting's programme will be uploaded here.
- The meeting will consist of:
- the three short courses, of 3 hours each;
- half-hour oral presentations;
- poster presentations.
- Lectures and oral presentations are expected to take place during 9.30 and 18.00 on the 20th, 9.30 and 16.00 on the 21st, and 9.30 and 13.00 on 22nd. The poster session will take place between 16.30 - 18.30 on the 21st.
- The conference dinner will take place on the 22nd of December at the Cocktail Bar and Restaurant Kabar.
Location / Accommodation
- The conference will take place in the Athens University History Museum in Athens.
- A limited number of rooms on a first come first served basis has been reserved for the workshop participants in the nearby hotel AforAthens. Please refer to the workshop "Greek stochastics" when you make your booking.
- Click here for some local information about Athens.
Here is some travel information about Athens:
Greek Stochastics web page